Water Safety Instructor class details
This course provides instructor candidates with the necessary skills to teach the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program.
Classes are currently being ran on an interest based schedule, if you are interested please fill out the form below and we will get in contact with you as far as future classes!
course prerequisites: $225
- Minimum age of 16. (proof of age must be brought to the first class).
- Successfully complete 25 yards of the following six strokes: freestyle, breaststroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, and butterfly.
- Demonstrate the ability to float for 1 minute in deep water.
- Attend all class sessions.
Additional Class details:
- Students will receive the WSI manual.
- Students must receive an 80% on the written exam.
- Students must pass a skills practical exam by preforming skills to the required standard.
- Certification is valid for 2 years.
- Participation in this class does not guarantee certification.