Advanced Swim Classes
- Ages 6 and up
- Ratio 5:1
- 4-55 Minute classes
- $96- $120
Levels and Skills:
Level 4: Stroke Improvement
- Age appropriate water safety
- Improvement of Breast Stroke and Side Stroke
- Building Endurance with Freestyle and backstroke and elementary backstroke
- Introduction to Butterfly
- Tread water for 2 minutes
- introduction to open turns
- Improvement of diving technique
- Introduction to standing dives
Stroke Clinic (Former Levels 5 & 6)
The Stroke Clinic at Aquatic Adventures is 55 minutes in length and will meet twice a week (participants have the option of attending one or both classes each week). This course is designed for students who already have a good foundation for the fundamentals of swimming and desire to learn more advanced swimming techniques, and better their individual fitness.
Our Stroke Clinic classes put emphasis on proper technique, not speed. A strong technical foundation will ensure that students’ progress much faster when the time comes for them to work on going faster.
The prerequisite for this course is that the participants be able to swim 25 yards freestyle, without stopping and have an understanding of the four competitive strokes. Classes will be broken into intermediate and advanced swimmers. Though drills may be the same for each group varying distances, and time requirements will set each group apart.
Stroke Clinic Intermediate and Advanced Groups Offer:
- Physical conditioning – to build strength and stamina
- Stroke refinement – to prevent bad habits
- Advanced skills – skills that are beyond basic swimming such as starts and turns
- Intensive coaching – students are given 1-on-1 critiquing and guidance